Saturday, May 20, 2023

Mosquitoes are rare these days!

It all started with a causual comment from Achan when I complained of boredom one evening, when I thought I had nothing intetesting to do while Achan was trying to read something, frequently interrupted by mosquito bites. Achan  suggested to me that probably I should try and kill all those mosquitoes. My  immediate response was: "what is in it for me?". He said, Rs 10/- for each mosquito killed. Thus was born the most ruthless predator ever known to these flying menaces. In 2018-19(financial year) I earned about Rs. 2000/-( unaudited and purely based on my claim, heard achan murmuring). In April 19 I observed that in the new year  I had  earned only Rs.100/- and figured out that my rate of earning is slower compared to the previous year(power of 4th standard IGCSE Math syllabus) There is lesser job opportunities and actual threat of reduced income in the liberalised global economy. When I remarked  that "mosquitoes are scarce these days" achan said that he is  thankful to these unwelcome guests for their reduced affinity. He is actually happy about having to spend less on misquito extermination while i struggle to maintain a decent level of earning.

No comments:

Post a Comment