Sunday, February 26, 2017

2nd Grade School day

A few days back I had my school day. Unlike the last three years, this year's school day was more relaxed for me as I was a tree. All I had to do was stand and sway to music. Earlier when Amma had asked if I am doing anything for the school day and I told them that I am a tree achan wanted to know what kind of tree I was - coconut tree or teak or what? He wanted me to ask the teacher but of course I did not. Anyway, on school day, after a long wait when it was finally our program (A musical based on Cindrella - amma thinks it couldn't get more sexist) I was a bit worried that I was put to the back of the stage and wondered if my amma and achan could see me. In fact when I saw them after I asked them if they could see me and amma said yes and that I was the best tree as I had beautiful yellow leaves unlike the other trees on the stage which were the usual green or a very strange purple. And that I swayed perfectly to the beat of the music. I was happy hearing that.

The next day amma and I were going to Thiruvanathapuram and I told amma that I didn't like being a tree. She looked a bit worried and asked what I wanted to be. I saw her frowning as I told her I want to be a HUMUN...which turned into a relieved smile when I completed
...GOUSAUR (One of Ben 10's alien force). She has agreed that I can be a humungousaur next school day. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment